Re: Difference between CLF & CLP loco's?

> From: John MacCallum <johnmac@lisp.com.au>
> Newsgroups: aus.rail
> Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 18:09:44 +1000
> Subject: Re: Difference between CLF & CLP loco's?
>
> I was once told that the MK Computer didn't have enough
> capacity for the task and this was were most of the trouble was.
> They did have a MK computer based Wheel Slip System similar to
> Super Series. When I get a chance I will try and find out the
> details of it.

I would assume the MK rebuilt CL's had "Maxitrax" fitted to them. On the Rio
Grande we called it "Maxitrash" There was one particular module that always
froze after a wheelslip. After resetting it it was fine but as I recall
Australian railways lock modules away from non maintenence crew's hands so
it was probably impossib;e for a crew to reset it on a CLP/F

Mark