Re: [NSW] Tangara vs Millennium

> >IIRC, 80 cars have been ordered with an option for more, basically to
> >replace the Tulloch trailers (which would mean a reconfiguration of some
> >sets, obviously). I think they would replace the older suburbans rather
> >than the V's at this stage. I think they may be as wide as a TGarbage
> >but I could be wrong.
>
> NSW do have a genuine rollingstock shortage now. Why /REPLACE/ the Tulloch
> cars instead of adding to the fleet? Tulloch cars might be old ugly and
> uncomfortable, but they do a job.
I heard a rumor Tulloch cars will still be keep in service once Millennium
train fully enter service due to rolling stock shortage.

> <Added to avoid being called a hipocrite, so no childish suggestions of a
> topic hijack> Suggestions last week that Melbourne should add to their
> fleet however do not have any basis, since we have enough rollingstock to
> cope with the current demand. It is safe for us to replace our
rollingstock
> rather than needing to add to the fleet.
But I think certain stretch of the network needs to increase capacity
(dupication , mutiplication work etc)inorder to cope with growth such as
north of Box Hill, Newport-Footscrary, Footscrary-St Alban
Airport line would get Bromeadow line duplicates.

I would like to see Hitachi gets refurbish(say add airconditioner etc) and
keep for peak demand rather then German and French trains(Alstom/Siemens new
trains) joining the fleet.

Cheers
James