Re: [NSW] Tangara vs Millennium

of course, the 3 points below are obvious advantages of the new
design--if $3000 can be saved for each upper deck pane then multiply
that by 8 per Tangara car and multiply that by [384 + 80]  (the
approximate number of Tangara cars)....

approximately $11.1 million would have been saved.

On the other hand what might be the major downsides to the Millennium
i) operation wise
ii) passenger wise?

I remember hearing something in this NG that something in the Millennium
makes it unnecessarily heavy, it coul;d have been the on board indicator
equipment but am unsure. please enlighten me on this one!

could even put toilets into another 80 new cars to make them "Outer
Suburban Millenniums"! Or even more, replace the V set with the
Millennium! (sorry diehard V set fans. i just feel completely annoyed
today. please forgive me!!!)

David Johnson got bored on Thu, 22 Jun 2000 00:06:21 +1000 and so wrote
the following:

          Hubert Lam wrote:

          > unfortunately the "skylight" part of the T and G sets will
not be on the
          > Millennium trains. That's one part of the new trains that I
might have a
          > little complaint about--decreased natural lighting

          It will also:
          1) make them lighter (less heavy)
          2) reduce cost (~$3,000 per upper deck pane for Tangarbage)
          3) assist A/C in summer