Re: Bendigo and Ballarat likely to benefit from rail work

I presume you mean will buy from overseas, as up until the Chinese order,
only a few  second hand flats were imported for AN.
I believe that Freight Rail needed to buy the 91's from Canada, because they
could not be built, within the time frame required, in Australia.
Iron Ore Railways accounted for a small part of the big picture, and did buy
some Locomotives from Clyde. They also upgraded all their Locos here, and
also much of the Rolling Stock.
Now that the Yanks own , or are about to take most of our Railways, you
should expect all orders to go overseas, and where available, second hand
equipment be bought.
Commenge / Adtranz did win contracts in the US and Asia for carriages, trams
and Locomotives.
Our Government does little but give lip service to Exports!
They follow hidden agenda's which build our Overseas Debt up so much, that
our only alternative is to sell everything, and the vicious circle
perpetuates itself..........

--

Rod Young
http://hobsonmodelrail.rrdepot.com/