Re: [NSW] Tangara vs Millennium

Eric Cartman <erkV69@erk.au.com> said:

>IIRC, 80 cars have been ordered with an option for more, basically to
>replace the Tulloch trailers (which would mean a reconfiguration of some
>sets, obviously). I think they would replace the older suburbans rather
>than the V's at this stage. I think they may be as wide as a TGarbage
>but I could be wrong.

NSW do have a genuine rollingstock shortage now. Why /REPLACE/ the Tulloch
cars instead of adding to the fleet? Tulloch cars might be old ugly and
uncomfortable, but they do a job.

<Added to avoid being called a hipocrite, so no childish suggestions of a
topic hijack> Suggestions last week that Melbourne should add to their
fleet however do not have any basis, since we have enough rollingstock to
cope with the current demand. It is safe for us to replace our rollingstock
rather than needing to add to the fleet.

What other cities could make use of reduntant Hitachis without any
modification (apart from guage, and voltage differences)? IMHO, without any
thing other than a guage transfer, Cityrail might make use of them. Would
they fit into the same loading guage?

Michael