Re: First Automatic signal?

<signal_spotter@my-deja.com> wrote in message
8iu779$thn$1@nnrp1.deja.com">news:8iu779$thn$1@nnrp1.deja.com...
> In article <8iu4q1$9mg3@inetbws1.citec.com.au>,
>   "Peter Dwyer" <peter.dwyer@qr.com.au> wrote:
> >
> > <signal_spotter@my-deja.com> wrote in message
> > 8iu2it$q49$1@nnrp1.deja.com">news:8iu2it$q49$1@nnrp1.deja.com...
> > > In article <395202b1$0$17009$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au>,
> >
> > > I didn't design the scheme plan and control tables for Roma St. Just
> > > the SSI data. The scheme plan and control tables were done by QR
> Signal
> > > Design. Those boffins should have consulted the operators/drivers
> etc
> > > to determine the best layout
> >
> > But who decided which way the interlocking were supposed to be
> dispersed?
> >

> Do you mean the SSI interlocking boundary allocation???

Yes, The current way the Interlockings are arranged, the amount of
crossboundary telegrams
has led to timing problems.

Plus, one interlocking failure will guarantee the shutdown of traffic
through the area. The boundaries
should have been along Main/Suburban lines. (The benefits of hindsight!)

Yeerongpilly as an installation really can't be improved boundary wise, and
South Brisbane needed to
get the souped up Alstom MPM's to keep it running with the last additions.

As a system, the SSI has yet to impress. The problem is, it's the only CBI
that can handle the size,
which doesn't say much for CBI's vs Relays.

Peter Dwyer