Re: First Automatic signal?

Chris Downs <cvdowns@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
lx145.19948$N4.780218@ozemail.com.au">news:lx145.19948$N4.780218@ozemail.com.au...
> "Speed signalling", now that piques my interest.
>
> I have a copy of "Clear Normal Speed" by John Sinnatt (ARHS, Victorian
> Division, 1966) that explains the signalling system in Kensington is
detail.
> I assume this is the "speed signalling" Mark refers to.
>
> Why was this signalling system ill-fated?
> Does is still exist in any way, shape or form at Kensington or elsewhere?

Almost everywhere where track circuiting is used. It is the basis of
Victorian and South Australian signalling (TransAdelaide excepted). QR,
Tasrail (ATN), TransAdelaide and Westrail all use British "Route"
signalling. NSW uses a one of a kind bizarre system invented by NSWer's and
only understood by NSWer's. Go figure?

--
Matt Smith
Brisbane Australia.