Re: [Melb] Swanston Trams Crash

> Yarra Trams are having problems with their trams, they have decided to
> do nothing about it.	Tram 992 has been withdrawn from service
> (about 1 month ago) because of faulty brakes, and all Yarra W-Class
> drivers have been instructed to watch for faulty brakes, and to report
> when they are playing up

I stand corrected on that point then. Maybe its because Swanston runs
more W routes that they have had incidents reported?

> The slack adjusters are on all W-Class....both Yarra & Swanston
> Swanston are saving a fortune by not running W-Class, thru maintance &
> not running the enitre route 16 & 8 to the city (they are only running
> them as far as St Kilda Road, then telling people to transfer to St
> Kilda Road tram to get them to the city)

And I bet the St K Rd trams are overcrowded as a result. Outrageous.

> Not if they are doing it due to safety...Health and Safety would
> override the Franchise Agreement in this case

The safety problem is of their own making.

> No, Swanston are hiding behind Health & Safety

They just need to go back to the old way of checking/maintaining the
brakes. Funny how the W's have been running for however many years it
is without brake problems.....

Vaughan

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.