Re: CityRail Conditions of Travel

On Sat, 29 Jul 2000 23:44:02 +1000, "Dave Proctor"
<daproc@spambait.ozemail.com.au> wrote:

>The ticket is a tax invoice, and must be returned to the passenger on
>request. Commonwealth law (the myriad of laws that fall under the new tax
>laws) overrides state laws on this matter.

No doubt true, but you don't need a tax invoice to reclaim GST on a
sale of less than $50.   This would certainly cover the vast majority
of Cityrail tickets.

However, it would be nice to be able to retain the ticket so that it
can be used as a receipt when claiming expenses from the employer.

David

>I would suggest that if you have to proceed through a station which is
>gated, and your ticket will be retained (singl ticket, or return portion of
>a return ticket) that you approach the barrier staff and explain the
>situation. Just about every ticket of this type will not permit you to do
>too much more travelling sufficiently to rip the railways off.
>
>Dave
>--
>After I cook the vegetables, what do I do with the wheelchairs?

David Cowans
Berowra Heights
NSW, Australia
davec@ozemail.com.au