Re: CityRail Conditions of Travel

(Crosspost added)

"Aus Visitor" <if-u-know@cwcom.net> wrote in message
8lulnh$3d2$1@bugstomper.ihug.com.au">news:8lulnh$3d2$1@bugstomper.ihug.com.au...
> A quandary,
>
> I understand that the Conditions of Travel say;
>
>     Ticket is the Property of the Railway
>     Must be handed in at completion of journey
>     Must go through the Barriers -so they get it back
>
> BUT
>
> The tickets now have printed on them that they are a GST Invoice and hence
> wish to keep it - as evidence of payment of GST. Does this mean that I am
> now breaking the By Laws and will be publicly flogged on the Concourse of
> Central??
>
> I tried asking the ever helpful ticket clerk for a receipt "It's the
$$%%#$%
> Ticket - we don't issue $%#^%$ receipts" was the friendly reply!!!
>
> So is a Ticket an Invoice or is it a ticket?

The ticket is a tax invoice, and must be returned to the passenger on
request. Commonwealth law (the myriad of laws that fall under the new tax
laws) overrides state laws on this matter.

I would suggest that if you have to proceed through a station which is
gated, and your ticket will be retained (singl ticket, or return portion of
a return ticket) that you approach the barrier staff and explain the
situation. Just about every ticket of this type will not permit you to do
too much more travelling sufficiently to rip the railways off.

Dave
--
After I cook the vegetables, what do I do with the wheelchairs?