Re: [Melb] Connex Train

----------
In article <3977644b@news.alphalink.com.au>, "Mathew Klock"
<klocm@stbedes.melb.catholic.edu.au> wrote:

>Hey all,
>
>Don't know how true this is, but i sent a copy of the first url to a friend
>of mine who replied with the following..
>
>"You probably know that Alstrom is changing its name to Connex and the
>Hillside trains are having a new make
>over. But soon on all channels will be having a add with Harry Conny Jr.
>Talking about the new connex trains so stay tuned to you channels and check
>out this new add."

Advertising hillside trains is as stupid as advertising a taxi. When was the
last time anyone advertised silver top or black cabs?? Many of them now use
a central call centre so you don't know what brand of taxi you get, and you
are meant to take the first cab off the rank, regardless of how smelly and
dirty it might be.
So if I'm wonderfully impressed by Hillsides ads what can I do?? Nothing, I
live near a bayside station and no amount of advertsiing is going to enable
me to catch the oppositions trains. If they want competition, why don't they
open all lines to all operators (Answer: it's a stupid idea, much like 2
train companies)

SNORT GRUMBLE

Stuart Thyer
Photographer