Re: [Melb] Connex Train

> Advertising hillside trains is as stupid as advertising a taxi. When was
the
> last time anyone advertised silver top or black cabs?? Many of them now
use
> a central call centre so you don't know what brand of taxi you get, and
you
> are meant to take the first cab off the rank, regardless of how smelly and
> dirty it might be.
> So if I'm wonderfully impressed by Hillsides ads what can I do?? Nothing,
> live near a bayside station and no amount of advertsiing is going to
enable
> me to catch the oppositions trains. If they want competition, why don't
they
> open all lines to all operators (Answer: it's a stupid idea, much like 2
> train companies)
No, I wouldn't say so, Overland achieve 41% patron increase due to
advertisment, advertisment have a special power that will attract people buy
the product, Connex do advertisments to get this message through to the
public, attract more people back to rail at the same time try to wipe out
all the bad publicity recently from Metcard(yawn) and security problem on
trains. QR spent huge amount of money on advertisments on TV to show viewers
their Citytrain goes to Gold Coast ,despite the train actually terminates
miles away from the coast and slower running time then coach links, QR
recieve surge in ridership.

Cheers
James