Re: [Melb] Connex Train

> Advertising hillside trains is as stupid as advertising a taxi. When
was the
> last time anyone advertised silver top or black cabs?? Many of them
now use
> a central call centre so you don't know what brand of taxi you get,
and you
> are meant to take the first cab off the rank, regardless of how
smelly and
> dirty it might be.

not true, at least in Victoria. Youre entitled to choose any cab on the
rank, though the driver at the front might get shitty if you do.

> So if I'm wonderfully impressed by Hillsides ads what can I do??
Nothing, I
> live near a bayside station and no amount of advertsiing is going to
enable
> me to catch the oppositions trains. If they want competition, why
don't they
> open all lines to all operators (Answer: it's a stupid idea, much
like 2
> train companies)

Which is why the whole system should be marketed under a single brand
for all modes, with a common livery and (exclusively) multimodal
ticketing.

Vaughan

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.