Re: Rail jobs in danger through competition

> Pardon? The NZ Railway system is about 1200 km long from Northland to
> Invercargill including a major cross-strait ferry operation in the
> middle, and there are many other lines besides the Main Trunk to
3912 km last time I checked from ARA 2000 year book, this figure included
all the branch lines, main lines etc.

which I
> refer. The terrain, often very mountainous, has resulted in some amazing
> feats of engineering such as the Raurimu Spriral and very long tunnels
> through mountain ranges. It shifts huge loads of freight and also has
> many passenger services.
It's a pity Tranzrail dones not have curve easing and grade reduction
programs like what QR had recently.

> Same gauge as Queensland's too!
And electric voltage (25kv, 50 HZ), also owns some ex-QR rolling stock.

Cheers
James