Re: Rail jobs in danger through competition

David McLoughlin wrote in message <39600BE5.5C8C@iprolink.co.nz>...
<snip>

>I'd like to see some comparable figures.  NZ has 3.8 million people
>which is more than the population of Queensland, so that needs to be
>taken into account.

Compared to Qld everything in NZ is in much the same place and compared to
Qld there isn't a lot to cart in NZ but QR  has slashed its labour force
drastically. I don't have the exact numbers, unfortunately.

It could also cut a lot more but there are political problems in cutting
further.

Barry Campbell