Re: Signalling Questions in Brisbane?

> It just clicked, the SSI data will be arranged that way to prove
> the yellow aspect's filaments before it'll start flashing!
>
> Seeya!

Not exactly. The Trackside Functional Module (TFM) is configured for
Flashing Mode ie the resistor is wired across the output. The direct
control of flashing aspects from the TFM means that no special
circuitry is required to prove a flashing aspect. If an output fails to
flash when required to do so, the TFM will go into it's red-retained
state.

What's does need to be proved in SSI is the Junction Route Indicators
(rabbit ears). If they fail to light then you'd have a turnout reverse
with no RI so the driver would think he's going straight ahead. In that
case we do prove the RI lamp proved before displaying the aspect. This
has been incorporated into the OPT telegram Signal Special data
construct.

regards Ian
Signal Design Engineer

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/