Re: Signalling Questions in Brisbane?

"Kevin Lyons" <klyons@iprimus.com.au> wrote:

>pdwyer <pdwyerNOpdSPAM@ecn.net.au.invalid> wrote in message
>> Seeing as I'd only heard of this existing at Stuart (?) As I
>> recall it was to 'tweak' the driver into remembering to pick
up
>> the staff. It wasn't a wide spread practice.
>>

>I assume(a dangerous practice ) it is used at all exits from
RCS to a non
>coloured light safeworking system. It is used on both the
western and
>southern lines on departure Willowburn and Harristown.

It seems to have spread ;) It is not an inherently dangerous
practice, the circuit design for the flashing is designed to
fail safe, that is the next most restrictive aspect. That's why
the Flashing yellows are just above the Red, sequence wise.

>> Speaking of strange practises, we almost had purple aspects as
>> well (for repeats), only I couldn't find a manufacturer. All
of
>> the aspects I ever found looked blue.
>>
>What was it going to mean?

It was to be for repeat signals, as part of QR's SPAD reduction
policy. It would've set repeat signals apart from running
signals  by colour alone, purple over white. Seeing as I
couldn't find a purple enough aspect (the original idea was
spawned from the PTC's purple aspect) the idea quietly subsided.

Seeya!

Got questions?  Get answers over the phone at Keen.com.
Up to 100 minutes free!
http://www.keen.com