Re: Hehe It got better!!

> Whinge whinge whinge. Now you know why cityrail staff might not be as

Excuses, Excuses!

>friendly as an Ansett flight attendant. The whinging bloody passengers

Well the airlines know that if you give crap servie there is another
airline you can use. It's a pity there isn't competition on the
cityrail network!! What what can you expect from outdated technology in
a public service?
Wasn't the long delays while they put the new signals in on the North
shore suppose to make it quicker? Only thing it has done is instead of
stoppping outside the high school waititng to get in at hornsby it has
moved up a few hundred metres.

> Now let me ask you a question. Would you prefer to only have 1 train
>an hour to cut down on wear and tear on the track and compononents, but
>being incredibly reliable, or because of the publics whinging, have a
>train every 10 minutes, and only having a few LITTLE problems? I know
>what Id prefer. The public want trains every few minutes, but they
>cannot put up with a tiny bit of inconvenience as a result of the
>frequent service.

In peak times we only get two trains an hour!! So don't give me that
crap.

> Then once things a running smooth, and on time all day, the public
>decide they wanna whinge about the fact that S sets and other trains
>may not have air conditioning. Well diddums, thankfully for you,youre
>only on that train for really no longer than 1 1/2 hours. Drivers and
>guards have to put up with it for 8 hours a day sometimes.

Well you have pretty big windows that open properly, you have the doors
you can open, I bet you have a good amount of airflow coming in. Plus
you get paid, we have to pay.

>As for saying that rail employees are a bunch of incompetents who
>cannot do their job, than why dont you piss off back to your car, pay
>over $10,000 a year to keep it on the road, put up with traffic, shit
>drivers, shit roads, longer commuting times, and get yourself killed by
>a shitty asian driver whos been taught to drive by someone of their own
>race and in their own language, that they cannot read a stop sign and
>they plough straight through you, and then you tell me just how shit
>the trains are.

hen there wouldn't be a need for the rail, services would decrease and
you would be out of a job.
How can you get kiled in peak hour traffic? More chance of that on a
train at the moment. Speaking for Asian drivers, the guy driving the
train that missed Asquith looked asian or does cityrail only employ
white aussies?

> Nearly every single morning, the trains deliver over a million
>passengers safely to work, without incidents.

Nearly...

> And another thing, if you wanna see just how efficient sydneys trains
>really are, you just have to look at what happened during those 2 train
>strikes late last year. Chaos everywhere.

A strike yes another reason while the bloody thing should be a public
company. Do you know how much shit that caused just because people in
your organisation (if we can call it that as it isn't organised) wanted
a few more bucks in the wallet? If I did that in my job I'd be shown
the door.

>And one last thing, stop your whinging, put up with it, and get over
>it. Us employees are not sitting in our mealrooms, working out ways to
>try and fuck the public up at every chance we get, no matter what your
>opinions are. Just remember, were trying to get home as well.

Yes yes, upper management etc etc. The government yes yes. I wasn't
attacking individuals that drivers, guards etc. I have friends who
drive and I have the greatest respect for them. The matter is that
cityrail provide a service and we expect to get what we pay for. Sure a
train delayed by five minutes is nothing, but when you get delays over
30mins that happens almost twice a day and drivers missing stops and
derailing, something has to be done. I've only been back at work two
weeks since christmas and I've been delayed every afternoon and
involved in a de-railment.
You my friend, with your huge union movement, should get things rolling
to improve the service. Start striking if that what it takes to get the
service better, I'd be behind you on that one. Or are you like most
public servants......?