Re: Hehe It got better!!

Hi Nihonga

Nihonga <tony.patonNOtoSPAM@griffithhack.com.au.invalid> wrote in message
065f8722.b22ff4d7@usw-ex0102-012.remarq.com">news:065f8722.b22ff4d7@usw-ex0102-012.remarq.com...

(snip)

> >strikes late last year. Chaos everywhere.

> A strike yes another reason while the bloody thing should be a public
> company.

I am guessing here, but I think your point is that if City Rail was a
private company then it would be strike free?

So strikes dont happen in a private Company... Geez I didnt know that Rio
Tinto, Patricks, and BHP were owned by the Public.. Those companies run by
the private sector have been involved in the worst industrial relations
disasters this country has seen for years.. Someone better go and tell the
workers they cant strike coz it is a not a government entity..

 Do you know how much shit that caused just because people in
> your organisation (if we can call it that as it isn't organised) wanted
> a few more bucks in the wallet? If I did that in my job I'd be shown
> the door.

That means that the company you work for is working outside the industrial
relations laws of this country.. ANY worker in the country can take
protected industrial action... but please dont let the facts get in the way
of a bit of good old public sector/union bashing..

> >And one last thing, stop your whinging, put up with it, and get over
> >it. Us employees are not sitting in our mealrooms, working out ways to
> >try and fuck the public up at every chance we get, no matter what your
> >opinions are. Just remember, were trying to get home as well.
>
> Yes yes, upper management etc etc. The government yes yes. I wasn't
> attacking individuals that drivers, guards etc. I have friends who
> drive and I have the greatest respect for them. The matter is that
> cityrail provide a service and we expect to get what we pay for. Sure a
> train delayed by five minutes is nothing, but when you get delays over
> 30mins that happens almost twice a day and drivers missing stops and
> derailing, something has to be done. I've only been back at work two
> weeks since christmas and I've been delayed every afternoon and
> involved in a de-railment.
> You my friend, with your huge union movement, should get things rolling
> to improve the service. Start striking if that what it takes to get the
> service better, I'd be behind you on that one. Or are you like most
> public servants......?

So now a strike that suits you is OK?  Bit of a double standard there dont
you think??

--
Cheers
Jack