Re: [VIC] H220 (was: Surviving R classes)

Stuart Thyer wrote:

> Not really, the only modification to R 761 is rear sanders, extended coal
> bunker, a wee little pipe on the tender for attaching fire hoses and ummmm
> ahhh the headboard!!

The headboard is what I have the biggest objection to. H220 is one of a kind, there
should be no modifications to this historic loco at all. At least there is a K, A2,
D3, R, Y and a J in the museum to show what these locomotives were like in VR
service. If you "restore" H220 to service, then there are no examples of an
unmodified VR H class.

--
- James Brook -

e-mail: