Re: Surviving R classes (was: West Coast Railway and 6042 - AD60 Garrett)

James Brook <ajmbrook@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
3882DEF2.4F788B27@ozemail.com.au">news:3882DEF2.4F788B27@ozemail.com.au...
> > I would dearly love to see H220 restored to operating condition.
However, I
> > am told by a "reliable source" that there aren't many tracks around
strong
> > enough to cope with the extremely high mass of the loco (approx 260 ton,
I'm
> > told). Still, one can only dream   :-)
>
> It would be too expensive to maintain and operate. Also as H220 is one of
a kind
> it should not be modified in any way.

Who said anything about modifying it?

--
Matt Smith
Brisbane, QLD

NOTICE - The above text is copyright. It may not be reproduced in whole or
in part without prior permission from the author. Text included in a USENET
response to this post is excluded.