Re: Gladstone Signal Cabin to close.

John Duncan McCallum <mccallum@melbpc.org.au> wrote in message
3882F95C.45A53364@melbpc.org.au">news:3882F95C.45A53364@melbpc.org.au...

> MattyQ wrote:
>
> > Gladstone (QLD) signal cabin is to close next month. Main line
signalling
> > will be operated by Train Controllers in Rockhampton.
>
> > once Gladstone cabin closes, only three signal cabins will remain that
are
> > operated by Signallers. These are Acacia Ridge, Callemondah and
Rockhampton
> > 'A' cabins. None of these cabins have a closure date.
>
> Interesting. What about Kuranda? Does this one still exist. AFAIK this
> was the
> only interlocked station north of Townsville.

I was referring to signal cabins that are operated by signalmen, not Station
Officers. There are still plenty of signal boxes about that are operated by
Station Officers. Kuranda is one of them.

--
Matt Smith
Brisbane, QLD

NOTICE - The above text is copyright. It may not be reproduced in whole or
in part without prior permission from the author. Text included in a USENET
response to this post is excluded.