[VIC] Standard Gauging

Hi all,
        I know the regauging of Victorian lines has been raised many times
before, but I was just thinking in regard to the Warnambool line, and the
general consensus seems to be that this line would not be re-gauged.
        But Why!?  Surely Melb - Geelong needs to become SG (ie. no longer 3
tracks anymore just 2)   Then Warnambool trains would be stuck unless the
terminated at Geelong, so you would need SG down there, and dual gauging
lowers your speed limit to 80 kph for the BG trains, so please tell me any
other option that would allow that line to stay BG.

regards,

Steven Hurst
Melbourne, Australia

Broadmeadows Website Update Coming Soon.... [early 2000 - I hope!]
http://home.primus.com.au/hurste/bmsl

My Railway Website...
http://home.primus.com.au/hurste/rail