Re: [NSW] Parramatta Rail Link - Details from EIS

I have a copy of the summary EIS. One detail you omitted is the bridge over
Lane Cove. It will be a massive concrete arch/pier structure (sorry poor
terminology - im looking at the impression!!!).
There are also some concerns reported in the papers about the increase in
truck activity on the north shore during construction, with an estimated 250
more trucks in some areas.

Brendan

"Christopher Downs" <cvdowns@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
RY5g4.3764$3b6.17948@ozemail.com.au">news:RY5g4.3764$3b6.17948@ozemail.com.au...
> I had a look at the EIS on display at the RAC's headqurters last week.
>
> The display consists of over 30 parts including the EIS proper, passenger
> analysis, technical analysis, drawings, Parramatta precinct
> plans..................  Too much info to
> wade through in a short period of time.
>
> Some technical information from the EIS that did stand out was (and from
> memory):
>
> TUNNELS
> 2 x single track bore from Tunnel entrance at Roseville to a few hundred
> metres in.
> 1 x double track bore to Lane Cove River (inc. UTS Ku-ring-gai station)
> 1 x double track bore from Lane Cove River a few hundred metres in.
> 2 x single track bore to just short of Carlingford
> 1 x double track bore to Carlingford portal
> 2 x single track bore (predominantly/all?) Rosehill portal to Westmead.
>
> JUNCTIONS
> WESTMEAD - up and down dives will be outside current main lines, that is
NOT