Re: R700 and 3 T's to Ballarat 30/1/00

John Wayman wrote:

> High speed cars and travel would also be handy to maintain a path and ensure
> arrival back in Melbourne at a reasonable hour. It also then reduces the
> costs e.g. crew wages. Slow trips are why I gave up fan trips!

- Wooden cars are much more comfortable than normal BK's.
- The windows are easier to lean out of.
- 80kph isn't exactly crawling
- With wooden cars the R700 transfer trip would probably get back to Melbourne
at a "reasonable hour".
- Most freight only lines which fan trips run on are 80kph or less.
- If you haven't gone on fan trips just because they are a little bit slower
than normal trains, then you have missed out on some really good trips.
- Even with high speed cars a train can run late for any number of reasons.

--
- James Brook -

e-mail:
mailto:ajmbrook@ozemail.com.au