R700 and 3 T's to Ballarat 30/1/00

Fellow Transport Conniseurs,

Steam locomotive R700 will be transferred from Steamrail Newport to West
Coast Railway Ballarat on Sunday 30th January, 2000.

Details Of Tour:
R700 has been out of service for some time.  By special arrangement with
SRV, West Coast Railway will restore the loco to operating condition as
a coal burner, using some parts from R766 plus some manufactured parts.
This will provide a replacement coal-burning and original-to-plan
locomotive.  We would like you to join us on it's transfer run to
Ballarat!

Multi-headed train T395+T364+T356 will haul a substantial train which
should include powevan, RMS2360, a WCR BRS, 3xWCR BK's, 4 x SRV BK's and
R700 (exact marshalling and consist to be announced).  We'll leave
Newport around 10am, travelling via North Geelong to Ballarat, at a max
speed of 40km/h.  Several photostops will be held.  The return will be
via Bacchus Marsh, once again the sound of multi-unit T's at full speed
will grace this route!  This time we're planning on at least one
photostop on the way home.

Seats are not reserved, bookings are taken by phone, a booking number
will be issued with tickets to be collected on the day (as we did on the
R766+R711 trip).

Cost is only $29 return for adults, $15 for children.  Snacks, drinks
etc will be available at the BRS, full meals will be available in the
RMS - roast lunch for $15, and even salad meal for $12.50 - these must
be arranged when you make your booking.

Bookings can be made at
WCR Reservations - (03) 5221 8966 from 9am-5pm Weekdays.  Enquiries to
Ian Selliseth on 5232 1577, or email swrail@yahoo.com

Proceeds of this tour will be used to offset the cost of the transfer
move, any surpus will be directed to restoration of the locomotive.

Should be great fun, it's a chance to be part of something different -
transfer trains don't run every day! :)

Regards,
Craig
West Coast Railway.