Re: Indian Pacific + Ghan

"David" <valley123@xtra.co.nz> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
> Has there ever been a time where due to floods or other causes where the
> Indian Pacific and the Ghan have been combined in to one train? I was just
> wondering and if so how long would that be?
> I would also like to know how many carriages G.S.R has available to run
> their services and has anyone on the newsgroup hired out their own carriage
> from G.S.R?

Well, GSR have been trying, but the longest pass trains
still belong to AN, there is little chance of them
being exceeded.

GSR/NRC told the local media up here some time ago they
were running the longest train ever into Alice Springs,
they were shot down in flames, and our local rag in its
next issue put the record right.

----Terry Burton