Eastern Victoria

Just returned from a road trip to Eastern Victoria.

Saw 4 wagons loaded with logs at Hillside awaiting retrieval by some sort of
motive power (RTL I suppose?).  The thing that really struck me though is the
enormous number of log trucks on the roads between Bairnsdale and Orbost.  If
there isn't way more log raffic out there than justifies a rail line then I'll
go he.  It just goes to show the arguments about closing the Orbost line back in
the mid '80s were more about who gets the money for hauling the logs - not that
there isn't enough traffic offering.  And if Freight Victoria think its worth
running 4 wagon trains to Hillside - I bet they'd be salivating at the thought
of 40 wagon trains to Orbost if only the track was still there. (And before you
ask - the track is ALL gone - obliterated except for on the Nowa Nowa viaduct
which is looking very rickety).

Also, I noticed that the rails on the former SEC Morwell to Yallourn
interconnecting railway were rusty.  Do trains still run on this line or is it
just a christmas lull in briquette manufacture?