Re: Yet another Sydney derailment

In <85is05$809$1@news1.mpx.com.au> "Dave Proctor" <thadocta@spambait.dingoblue.net.au> writes:

>>Regardless of someone's employment record, mentioning a staff member's name
>>in the context you have is, I believe, quite illegal,

>Under which law? And you quoted his name as well in your reply. Don't get me
>wrong, I think it was wrong to post his name, but nothing illegal about it.

Yes, but I did not mention his name in the first instance.

The poster has defamed the character of the driver by making comments which
he shouldn't have made. I still have no idea if the poster is a State Rail
employee or not, and that's the bit that bothers me the most. If he is an
employee, he should know better and has probably done it out of spite, and
if he's not an employee then he's just being a smart arse.

>> and you could actually
>>be sued by xxxxx for defamation,

>Depends on whether or not they can find out who it was who posted it.

True. Posting anonymously is a very low act because that alone suggests the
person who posted the article has something to hide.

Regards,

Craig.
--
            Craig Ian Dewick            |       Stand clear - jaws closing
 Send email to craigd@lios.apana.org.au |  Visit my Australian rail transport