Re: [NSW] Parramatta Rail Link

Kingpin wrote in message ...

>Don't forget that the predecessors to the current Powers That Be are the
same
>dickheads who closed the original Castle Hill railway in 1927!

Wasn't there a steam tramway up to Castle Hill from Parramatta that closed
in the early 1930's? I think it started at the corner of Church and Darcy
Streets, then headed north up Windsor Road and the Old Northern Road to
where Castle Towers mall is now......

If there was a full railway, could someone tell me where it met up with the
Western Line and what the approximate reservation would have been? Judging
from my Sydway street directory, any reservation would have been almost
completely built over by now.....

Regards,
Bradley.