Re: [NSW] Parramatta Rail Link

"Bradley Torr" <btorr@bigpond.nospam.com> wrote in message
85bjoa$ue1$1@the-fly.zip.com.au">news:85bjoa$ue1$1@the-fly.zip.com.au...

> Wasn't there a steam tramway up to Castle Hill from Parramatta that closed
> in the early 1930's? I think it started at the corner of Church and Darcy
> Streets, then headed north up Windsor Road and the Old Northern Road to
> where Castle Towers mall is now......
>
> If there was a full railway, could someone tell me where it met up with
the
> Western Line and what the approximate reservation would have been? Judging
> from my Sydway street directory, any reservation would have been almost
> completely built over by now.....
>
> Regards,
> Bradley.

IIRC the Rogans Hill line left the main west just west of Westmead station.
The are some bridge piers left somewhere near Westmead Hospital. A lot of
the line actually ran on the side of the road so it is impossible to see
now. There have been articles in ARHS Bulletin about it, I think there was
something last year.
--
Regards,
Chris Stratton