Re: [VIC] FV Kilmore East quarry freight

Michael Kurkowski wrote:

> Wonder where it got held then. I have heard it twice this week, while at
> home in the morning getting ready to leave for work (it was through Glenroy
> on the goods line at about 10:45 - correct time) and had that distinctive
> sound that only a G class has, (i.e. horn, engine).

The stationmaster (or whatever!) at Kilmore East said that it had run to
Kilmore East a few days this week, but unfortunately for me, it wasn't running
today. :-(

I took two videos of G543 at Kilmore East in November. One of the down train
and the other of the up. The horn on the Kilmore East end of the loco seems to
be slightly higher pitched than the other, or are my ears just stuffed? :-)

> As far as 8173 goes? To the dismay of all the NSW ppl here, i say scrap it.
> I've seen enough 81 classes to last me a lifetime. I see them in NSW, I see
> them in Vic, now I go on a holiday to SA last week? Guess what, more 81's!
> They're everywhere, like the NR's :) (Scrap the NR's too)

I don't mind seeing 81 class locomotives, especially as I don't have many
photos of them.

> Allow a 48 to lead into Vic for once - Could be much more exciting than yet
> another 81 anyways :)

I agree! :-)

--
- James Brook -