Re: Indian Pacific + Ghan

Why don't they just get a few surplus "tin sets" from Queensland! <g>, lol, :-)
Victoria also has a couple of <sarcasm> reliable </sarcasm> DRC's sitting near
the west block.

Michael Kurkowski wrote:

> If harris trains are not your style, come take the oil tankers sitting in
> totty yard, or the cement hoppers behind north melbourne station? Both can
> readily have doors cut in them to provide clean standing room. Just make
> sure you're wearing black clothes if you catch the oil tanker, or whites
> for the cement hopper :-)

What about all the VLCX wagons stored west of Ballarat on the old BG line. They
already have doors and for that added bit of luxury, I'm sure a few windows can
be cut into the sides! :-)

> Motive power a problem? Not a problem! The two steeple-cab E class
> locomotives are rumoured to be sitting at the bottom of the yarra river
> somewhere close to Herring Island. Guage a problem? Not a problem! Victoria
> can offer you a wide variety of trackwork equipment to bring Sydney back up
> to Victorian standards :-)

Maybe they shouldn't have sold all those 44's, 45's and 442's. <g>

--
- James Brook -

e-mail:
mailto:ajmbrook@ozemail.com.au