Re: [Melb] Tram Derailment

David McLoughlin <davemcl@AXE*THISiprolink.co.nz> wrote in message
386ec084@news.iprolink.co.nz">news:386ec084@news.iprolink.co.nz...
> A. Tubbs wrote:
> >
> Are the auto-points at this junction yet? My latest map (from the 1993
> Destination City) still shows them as manually operated which sounds
> logical given their use only for depot running. Surely drivers must be
> under instructions to slow to check that manual points are set in their
> favour?

Why just "manual" points?? The auto points don't always do the right thing.
How many times have I seen the driver get out with the point iron to change
them?!!

But then, with the number of mis-routings of trains recently, where the
consequences are potentially more serious, I suppose it's asking too much to
expect tram drivers to "challenge the route"!
Rgds

Ron BESDANSKY