Re: No Y2k Bug

It was Sun, 02 Jan 2000 16:14:26 +1200, and David McLoughlin
<davemcl@AXE*THISiprolink.co.nz> wrote in
misc.transport.urban-transit:

| > I expect that a lot of people are there today returning these things.

Nice signs on the doors in this area, plus advance media reports, that
returns will NOT be made on Y2K supplies, including generators and the
above examples.

| A cartoon in one of the morning papers here had a store advertising Y2K
| water at 50pc off.

All the Y2K stuff is that way in the stores here.  No joke.

| > I hear that there were some problems with bus ticketing machines in
| > Tasmania.
|
| A minor software problem with one type of portable validator. The Y2K
| "consultant" who'd taken the LOOT for checking them is apparently being
| sought for a refund.

I wonder if it was Richard Snook?  Nahhh.  Too convienient.

JL