Re: Airport Link to Bring Changes.

Lourie Smit wrote in message <_kKo4.23311$3b6.96660@ozemail.com.au>...

>Don't agree. Under you argument pensioners on the East Hills line would be
>disadvantaged by having to change trains under the new Airport Link
>arrangement.

It is not my argument - it is stated extensively by CityRail that the
incrreased fares only apply to the new stations.

>Of course this is all hypothetical as we both believe that
>they can travel through the Airport link using their $1 ticket provided
they
>do not use the new Airport stations.

Considering that the NSW Government is paying for the line and the private
companies are paying for the stations, CityRail can say and do what they
want with fares.

Besides, how would they know? A pensioner boards at East Hills, alights at
Circular Quay - how would they know if they used the airport line or not? To
even suggest that certain categories of ticket holders would not be
permitted to travel on the line (if not travelling to one of the new
stations) is ludicrous.

Dave