Re: Airport Link to Bring Changes.

Lourie Smit wrote in message ...
>This Tuesday's St George Leader contains an article on the opening of the
>Airport Link on May 20.
>The biggest changes, according to the article. will be on the East Hills
>lines where some trains will do the airport loop while others will travel
>the existing route into the city.
>It is also reported that new stopping patterns for the Illawarra line will
>also be introduced for trains to stop at the new Wolli Creek station but
>such patterns have not yet been published.
>The article includes a table which shows, adult single, return and weekly
>passes from Hurstville, Sutherland, Engadine, Cronulla, Bexley North and
>Riverwood to the four new stations on the airport link.
>It is reported that the $1 pensioner ticket  will not be valid on the
>airport link.
>
>Comment: I hope pensioners from East Hills can still travel to the city via
>the airport link and that the restriction only applies to travel to the
>airport stations.

As opposed to pensioners from elsewhere?

Seriously though, the additional fare to be charged is a station usage
charge, not a line usage charge. I have *heard* (so don't anybody flame me
if I am incorrect) that people with tickets valid *through* the new
stations, but not *to* the new stations (such as Travelpasses, Pensioner
Excursions, etc) will be able to buy station surcharge tickets at the
stations, on production of their rail tickets.

Dave