Re: Airport Link to Bring Changes.

Dave Proctor <thadocta@spambait.dingoblue.net.au> wrote in message
87qh8r$3nj$2@news1.mpx.com.au">news:87qh8r$3nj$2@news1.mpx.com.au...

> As opposed to pensioners from elsewhere?

The reason I specifically mentioned the East Hills Line is that trains from
that line will travel through the new Airport Link while trains from other
lines will not.

> Seriously though, the additional fare to be charged is a station usage
> charge, not a line usage charge. I have *heard* (so don't anybody flame me
> if I am incorrect) that people with tickets valid *through* the new
> stations, but not *to* the new stations (such as Travelpasses, Pensioner
> Excursions, etc) will be able to buy station surcharge tickets at the
> stations, on production of their rail tickets.

I agree with your explanation but the article does not read that way -
probably the journalist did not understand the difference. It will be
interesting to see if the facility is available to buy surcharge tickets at
the Airport stations.