Re: Straight from the Horse's Mouth

> Dear Mr Stephen Bradford,
>
> Back when the federal government sold Australian National the rail
> industry in South Australia was full of hope that finally someone had
> the balls to operate and maintain passenger services.  How wrong the
> government was.  I have written to you before, only to hear all the
hmmmmm  talk to a "CEO" with this lanuage?

>  I mean
> those clapped out AG/BG sitting cars, feels like the bogies need a
> good overhaul.
The ride quality is good to excellent unless the train is late and GSR
can't be fully blame with bumpy ride, it's the government refuse to fix
the track condition.

>As for First and Holiday class the service is much
> better and very comfortable, for the price though might as well book
> an air fare,
Actually "Overland" 's 1st class sleeper fare is competitive with air
fare, return 1st class fare on the Overland undercut airfare by 50$
last time I checked.

>Keswick as you know was
> a huge goods yard with residential housing  built on the old Mile End
> Depot and population in the area has increased, but Adelaide Station
> is ADELAIDE STATION.  You should already know the advantages, so get
> your act together and strive.

Keswick station , if with better conection to the city , better
facility or other developments like Roma Street/Spencer Street with
other coach connection it would still be OK, even better if there is a
tourist development like "South Bank" in "South Brisbane" to attract
people pay a visit.

Currently Keswick station is largely empty, I think GSR wants to
utility the facility and share the empty space with coaches therefore
cut down the cost on rents, if GSR move to North Terrance, it would
have to find itself a booking office.

Actually there are lots of stations within Australia that are "out of
town" they have no trouble to attract passengers, such as:

Murwillmbah, Gympie North, Maryborough West, Bowen, Conamia, Nerang,
Robina, Grafton City, Canberra.

With the right connection and facilities still able to make an "out of
town" station a success.

--
Cheers
James