Re: A little touch of Santa Fe in Australia (long)

Michael Kurkowski wrote:

> 961 is sitting nice and lonely along with some other rare-used locos at Dry
> Creek SA. It is currently painted in the Explorer livery, seen on SRV's K
> cars, looking pretty rough at the moment though. I think ASR use it as a
> trailing unit occasionally. God help us if we see this gem painted in ASR
> livery (I think it's the last operational 930 remaining).

I read somewhere that it failed a few months ago while operating as a trailing
unit on a freight over the Adelaide hills. I'm not sure if they've repaired it
yet. I think the livery on 961 looks worse than the livery on SRV's K cars!
:-)

--
- James Brook -

e-mail: