Re: A little touch of Santa Fe in Australia (long)

Michael Kurkowski wrote:

> I have a V/Line liveried "mark II" Lima S class. Most of it is accurate to
> the real thing, but a couple of things. Those little bits of black plastic
> attached sheepishly to the roof, are they supposed to pass off as any of
> the horns used on the S class? The swivelling pilot, I don't recall ever
> seeing an S class with one of THEM :)

> On account of fitting Kadee's to mine, it now has a nice bright orange
> pilot fixed in the one position. Now all I need to decide is what colour I
> want the loco. Leave it in it's current V/Line, or pick something more
> exotic, I hear VR is very sought after at this time of year :-)

Scaleways released a resin pilot for the lima S's and B's which looks really
good if fitted correctly. I have one of their latest VR S's (S309) and it
looks really good with this pilot and Kadees! :-)

> Oh yes, I've seen them. The first time I saw it, I nearly fell over
> laughing. Though, I could see 961 being moved to Victoria and used by
> Steamrail to match their K cars :-)

It would also give Steamrail another livery for variety! Seriously though, If
steamrail had the resources (note: if they had the resources!) it wouldn't be
too bad because the 930's operated into Victoria regularly during the 80's.
Unfortunately this probably wouldn't be wise since Dieselrail have enough to
look after already. :-(

--
- James Brook -

e-mail: