Re: New Link in SE Qld ?

On Sun, 6 Feb 2000 13:43:44 +1100, "canetram59"
<canetram59@hotmail.com> wrote:

>The so-called railway formation you are talking about is at the foot of the
>D'Aguilar Range and is connected with the Bracalba Quarry. Trucks heading
>west on the D'Aguilar Highway turn off to the left (southern side of the
>Highway), follow the "railway" formation around under a height gauge (your
>electrication pylons) then under the D'Aguilar Highway to end up at the
>quarry proper where they are loaded and re-enter the D'Aguilar Highway on
>the northern side and then head back towards Caboolture. The quarry trucks
>do not have to cross in front of road traffic on the D'Aguilar Highway. The
>road is also widened here top 4-lanes allowing a turning/merging lane. If
>the empty truck is coming from the west to get a load it leaves the Highway
>on the northern side, loads, passes under the Highway and re-enters on the
>southern side to head west again. Note the so-called "railway" formation
>never has been and is not intended to be a railway formation. It is just a
>road.
>
>canetram59
>
>> >Brian W Edginton <edgo1@dingoblue.net.au> wrote in message
>> >389daf74.3417540@news.dingoblue.net.au">news:389daf74.3417540@news.dingoblue.net.au...

Thank you for that........makes sense.   So the overhead bridge and
cutting were installed to service a quarry . Wow! Expensive job
Thanks again........hate mysteries.....love solutions.

I once resolved to order my life by following my own
 advice to others.
But I had to give it up as there was so much of it.

brianWE