Re: New Link in SE Qld ?

On Sun, 6 Feb 2000 10:48:24 -0000, "Neil Stalker"
<nstalker@dingoblue.net.au> wrote:

>Are you sure you weren't looking at the old Wamuran/Kilcoy Line. This
>services on the line have been suspended since 1996.
>
>There is also a 2ft gauge tourist railway at Woodford which runs old cane
>trains.
>
>Dean A Stalker
>Email: dstalker2000@hotmail.com
>Home Page: http://welcome.to/qrhistory/ - The Unofficial QR History and Info
>Page
>
>Brian W Edginton <edgo1@dingoblue.net.au> wrote in message
>389daf74.3417540@news.dingoblue.net.au">news:389daf74.3417540@news.dingoblue.net.au...
>> I recently completed a trip through SE Qld. Between Caboolture and
>> Woodford is what looks like a new right of way being built.
>> Curious as to where it starts and ends.
>> Any help ?

Thanks for responding.
No....we saw the old rail beds (and they looked unused for longer than
4 years) but this one was in a cutting under a road bridge on the main
road and the bed was newly worked. No lines or sleepers and it may
have been something other than a rail right of way. But there was a
newly constructed square "arch" over it and it looked like a support
for power lines......just like on the city railway.
Come to think of it, the cutting did not look new and neither did the
road bridge. Maybe they are upgrading part of the old line to Wamuran.
Don't remember clearly, but it could have been on the Caboolture side
of Wamuran. Should have taken more notice.
I once resolved to order my life by following my own
 advice to others.
But I had to give it up as there was so much of it.