Re: Digital Cameras

In article <9mdo9skr6aqpj72jgsfugilsm9me4heda9@4ax.com>, Andrew Price
<aprice@mail.dotcom.fr> wrote:

> Can anyone advise me on a replacement for my excellent twenty year-old
> German single-lens reflex camera, which has become unusable because
> the battery it uses is no longer manufactured.
>
> I had thought of purchasing a digital camera, but I was told by
> someone who bought one about a year ago that although it sufficed for
> his web-site needs, the image quality was not brilliant.
>
> Have digital cameras improved since, or would it be better investing
> the same money in yet another SLR and a slide scanner?

If all you want to do is post roster shots to the Web, then a digital
camera is fine. Just remember a few limitations versus film cameras:

1)  Photo quality is not as good as film for comparably priced cameras.
2)  Processing time makes action shots difficult at best.
3)  If you want prints you need a decent printer and photo paper.

I use a digital camera almost exclusivly these days, but if I want shots
of moving trains or other action shots I use my film camera.

--
Rich Carlson, N9JIG (n9jig@theramp.net)
Illinois Highways Page: http://www.theramp.net/n9jig