Re: SL15/16 via Junee Triangle not station (Semi Long Junee Report)

> After a couple more freighters and lunch, I observed a strange movement of
> ST4 (later repeated that night when I was on ST2). The train pulled up to
> the down main platform (#1) and after stopping, it reversed (I found out it
> reverses to past the swimming pool and close to the Sydney end entry to
> loco) then proceed back through the station next to platforms 2 or 3
> (stopping to make sure the level crossing is working) and off to Sydney.

Ok, so now more of it makes sense.

Was there infrastructure damage to the points at the north end with the
derailment? (I didn't notice any when I was there the next day, but then I
didn't really get that close either..)

as the trains are reversing to take the "straight" run thru to the up line,
rather than just running out of #1 and across onto the 'up', this may further
explain the use of the triangle.

SL15/16 had to run around its train using the points that ST2 & ST4 would use to
get across to the up line, and if they are out of commission, then the ground
frame / staff working thru the northern leg may just be a "faster" and "easier"
alternative than trying to "shunt" at the down end. (Can't believe I just said
that about ground frame working :P )

Does this make sense?

Also, does anybody know what the replacement details are for the demolished
signalling at Junee?

--
Thanks,

Tony Gatt.