Re: SL15/16 via Junee Triangle not station (Semi Long Junee Report)

Tony

I can't say anything about the points but I know the signals opposite North
box were not working.

The amount of people who would got on/off SL15/16 at Junee might not be
worth the time spent running around etc etc.

Obviously I can only comment on what I saw for myself on that weekend. There
were some signals demolished and could be seen in th carpark. I hear that
the signals are to be restored.

I think a local perspective is called for here.

More Pics soon on www.erk.au.com from the weekend (my NSW locos from the
weekend are up already)

--
Eric
www.erk.au.com
Tony Gatt wrote in message <38994C7E.1B79D652@tig.com.au>...

|> After a couple more freighters and lunch, I observed a strange movement
of
|> ST4 (later repeated that night when I was on ST2). The train pulled up to
|> the down main platform (#1) and after stopping, it reversed (I found out
it
|> reverses to past the swimming pool and close to the Sydney end entry to
|> loco) then proceed back through the station next to platforms 2 or 3
|> (stopping to make sure the level crossing is working) and off to Sydney.
|
|Ok, so now more of it makes sense.
|
|Was there infrastructure damage to the points at the north end with the
|derailment? (I didn't notice any when I was there the next day, but then I
|didn't really get that close either..)
|
|as the trains are reversing to take the "straight" run thru to the up line,
|rather than just running out of #1 and across onto the 'up', this may
further
|explain the use of the triangle.
|
|SL15/16 had to run around its train using the points that ST2 & ST4 would
use to
|get across to the up line, and if they are out of commission, then the
ground
|frame / staff working thru the northern leg may just be a "faster" and
"easier"
|alternative than trying to "shunt" at the down end. (Can't believe I just
said
|that about ground frame working :P )
|
|Does this make sense?
|
|Also, does anybody know what the replacement details are for the demolished
|signalling at Junee?

|--