Re: Goodbye Overland - We All Let You Down!

Greg Triplett wrote:

> I have no effection for train travel. I prefer ( like most
> people I suspect ) to just get there with the least hassle.
> Currently for interstate city to city travel the least
> hassle mode is a plane.

Rail has no hope of competing with plane travel because it is too slow in comparison. Rail should be able to compete with buses because it can operate faster
than road transport if the track is good enough. Train travel should also be more comfortable (in theory) because the carriages are wider and longer than a bus.

--
- James Brook -

e-mail:
mailto:ajmbrook@ozemail.com.au