Re: Goodbye Overland - We All Let You Down!

Hi folks,

>> I remember some years ago some railfans & Rail Executives(Non-Govt)  were using Ansett instead of the Overland because of cost.  I then knew that when they don't patronise it, who will!!<<

I lived in Adelaide during the early 80's and made many
trips to Melbourne. I made one trip on the Overland
whereupon I decided it was slow, dirty and uncomfortable.
After that I preferred the plane at several times the cost
or my car.

I can remember going out to photograph it in the Hills in
1981 and reflecting that it was a wonder it was still going.
That it's lasted till now is amazing.

Regards

GT