Re: Goodbye Overland - We All Let You Down!

In article <38957F4B.C0FAB5A3@hotkey.net.au>,
  Greg Triplett <triplett@hotkey.net.au> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> >> I remember some years ago some railfans & Rail Executives(Non-Govt)
were using Ansett instead of the Overland because of cost.  I then knew
that when they don't patronise it, who will!!<<

> I lived in Adelaide during the early 80's and made many
> trips to Melbourne. I made one trip on the Overland
> whereupon I decided it was slow, dirty and uncomfortable.
> After that I preferred the plane at several times the cost
> or my car.

You really should make a trip now, after GSR refurn\bished the carriages
the compartments and seats are so much better then before,
and whereelse can you get a hot cooked big breakfast ?

--
Cheers

James

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/