Re: Goodbye Overland - We All Let You Down!

> From: Greg Triplett <triplett@hotkey.net.au>
> Newsgroups: aus.rail
> Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 23:25:47 +1100
> Subject: Re: Goodbye Overland - We All Let You Down!
>
> I lived in Adelaide during the early 80's and made many
> trips to Melbourne. I made one trip on the Overland
> whereupon I decided it was slow, dirty and uncomfortable.

You sure you have your dates correct? The Overland in the late 70's to early
80's was in pretty good shape. Still had the shoe shine service, hot toast,
tea, newspaper served in bed etc. 1st class sitting passengers could buy a
decent and pretty cheap breakfast in the AJ.

In the early 80's the Overland "could" be slow but not dirty. Uncomfortable
is simply an opinion.

Mark